Sunday, August 12, 2007

Packing for Victory!

I have started packing for our 5 day cruise on the Carnival Victory next month. Yes you read correctly, the cruise is not until next month, but I started to pack now. Packing early has become a tradition in our house (for me) ever sense our first cruise. It was our honeymoon. We spent a lot of time planing our wedding, and the honeymoon was the least of my worries or so I thought. It had been paid for many months in advance, so what could go wrong, right? Well, thankfully only one thing went wrong, but I would not find out until hours after we got on the ship and were well on our way.

After spending much of the afternoon exploring the ship, we head back to our cabin to find that your luggage had been delivered. We decide to unpack so we could get the bags put away and get back to enjoying our vacation. I open my bag and start putting my stuff away when I realize that I seem to be short on shirts. To be exact, I had my dress shirt for formal night, and one other shirt, for a 4 day cruise. I ask my new wife of just 2 days if somehow, maybe, my shirts were packed in her suitcase? Wishful thinking on my part.

Long story short, I got a souvenir that wasn't planned on board, and at every port we visited that week. Fun memories, but, now weeks in advance of our vacations (cruise or otherwise) I start planing out my packing. I have yet to come up short since.

No comments: